14 April 2009

Goddess of .. Back from Philadelphia!


I've just returned from Philadelphia last night.
So much to say and so little working hours in a day to blog.

Mom and I left on friday morning and my boyfriend, Miguel drove us to the airport.

The flights (we were connecting @ Washington D.C. (Dulles) airport) were alright and the Crowne Plaza hotel was pretty good! We visited the Philly Art Museum (Cezanne Exhibit), the Rodin museum, Eastern State Penetentiary (Al Capone's first home, lol), the Liberty Bell, Independance Hall, Cathedral of St.Peter & Paul, Christ Church (first church), First U.S. Bank, etc.

It was a lot colder than we expected and we walked and walked. Even before the end of the first day, our feet and hands were killing us. Thank God for wine is all I have to say (or in the words of Ben Franklin : "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!"). The things I most enjoyed were sipping a glass of Pinot Grigio while listening to Jack Donahue, jazz vocalist, who performed live @ the Art Museum on Friday night.. and also, going into the cheesy souvenir shops & the Hard Rock Cafe gift shop to find souvenirs for Miguel and my best friend, Lolita !

Let me list the souvenirs I got for them :

Miguel's getting :

1) Al Capone mug shot t-shirt (so awesome I got one for myself)
2) Hard rock Cafe "Philadelphia" blue trucker hat (he's really into rock & plays electric guitar)
3) Electric guitar fridge magnet / bottle opener (says "Philly rocks" on it)
4) Amish homestyle garlic BBQ sauce (he loves to cook)
5) Yellow t-shirt that says "Rock Philly" with Rocky silhouette in black

Lolita's getting :

1) Amish homestyle pumpkin butter (she loves pumpkin butter)
2) Al Capone mug shot fridge magnet (too cool!)
3) Hershey Kiss necklace with her birthstone (it was just too cute to resist)
4) Uhmm something else, I can't quite remember .. lol

I feel pretty good about the presents I got and can't wait to give 'em to them !

Back to the same-old same-old work routine now.. actually, I have to get to it, didn't do much today!

4 comments:

Lil S said...

Sometimes, especially when you've been in the same relationship for a long time, it feels nice to know other people still find you attractive! Just be careful you're not doing it out of spite ;)

*sigh* I've got the travelling bug and no money to do it with... sounds like you had fun though!

Fannie said...

Yes exactly, and flirting is fun :) Really fun ! No spite, just flirtiness, hehehe.

I did have fun! It was exhausting and went by quickly though..

Mind you, I still have to pay for the trip, I put it on my Visa.
I'm paying for both my mom and I because it was my present to her for her 60th birthday.. I still have time though, the bill only comes in around the 1st of every month!

syazwanimanaf said...

hehe... really love it with wen u say,
" is it so hard to say..i miss u........." etc..

exactly! guys is it so hardddd??! grrrrr.....

Fannie said...

Haha, yeah, sometimes I wish I could just whisper to him the right words to say !