13 August 2009

Goddess of .. Jogging makes me want to kill myself !

Ahem. Yes, it's true.. jogging makes me suicidal.

*Okay, okay, that may be a teeny tiny wee-bit of exageration but you get the point : I HATE JOGGING (and I'm pretty sure Jogging hates me)...*

I went jogging with Lolita last night .. and it just confirmed how badly out-of-shape I am.
I stopped going to the gym around the time my parents separated and I started my internship (so around Christmas '08-January '09).

That was the BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE !!! I'm telling you, if you're on a good work-out schedule .. DO NOT EVER stop. If you do eff up like me and stop, you're an idiot. Simply because when you do muster up the courage to start again, it's going to hurt, I mean like really H-U-R-T .. like death on a stick !!!!


Anyhow, my lack of motivation is obvious and all I could think, the whole time I was running, was how much I hate running. Lolita reminded me I needed to push myself more and that I need to do it a few more times before I start to feel better about it. And well, I agree, I've been there before.

So, I tried to think happy thoughts ... *cricket sounds* ... nothing.

I tried switching the song on my iPod everytime I thought of something negative .. which worked a couple times .. but only ended in a furry of button-pressing madness until finally, I just couldn't switch the songs fast enough anymore. I had had enough.

I can't say that I felt better afterwards and I am sore this morning, but I'm not giving up on physical activity. I still love to ride my bicycle, I love kayaking, I love yoga (not HOT yoga though.. remember here and here) and more.

Lolita and I went cycling last weekend and have more plans to go bike by the water this weekend, I am looking forward to getting a tan (ahem. it's an illusion, my pale skin can't tan) and a workout ! Yay, I'm really excited !

P.S. That's my old hand-me-down bike on the right ! I need to get it checked .. I noticed last sunday that I have a flat tire (possibly both, actually). Until then, I'll use Lolita's instead because she prefers rollerblading anyway.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Good for you! I'm so proud of you for getting out there and running even though you hate it. I've found the key for me is just running a few times a week and actually doing other activities I enjoy the rest of the time.

Get those tires checked before going out again!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Ohhhh awesome girl! I HATE running so I do other things. (Plus my boobs are seriously too big for running, my back kills after. TMI?! haha)

Doing anyhing active clears my head...I think I need to do something active tonight :)

rachaelgking said...

I'm so with you. I am the worst stopper-starter. Sigh.

Keith said...

I despise running.

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend. Cheers!

Andy said...

Oh, come on, running is not THAT bad. It is actually pretty much the only sport that I'm actually good at. During last summer, I got to running up to 10 miles (16 km) a day. It's refreshing, and it liberates me.

Yes, I'm one of those running fans. I can't wait to get back to it. Of course, I haven't run in about a year, so that's going to HURT for the first few weeks.

Fannie said...

@ Christy : Yes, definetly, that's a good trick. I should alternate :) I do wanna be a better runner eventually!
I will get them checked, until then, I'm using Lolita's bike!!

@ LizzyMarie : Hehe, big boobs FTW ! lol I don't have that problem though :P
Yes, it does help, go out and have fun, Love Muffin!

@ LiLu : Hahaha, yeah, it blows big bubbles !

@ Keith : Glad to hear I'm not alone :) Hehe!

@ Andy : Uhm, it is .. lol. Well, except if I was good at it, maybe I'd like it better. Gotta start somewhere, right ?!

Good luck with starting over .. maybe the Strasbourg air will help you !!