Go ahead bloggies,
Call me cheesy. Tell me it's corny. Borderline cliché.
Sue me for all I care .. I love Chick Lit !
I love it so much that I have now started a quest for chick lit blogs .. mostly because I don't have enough time to read the books I have waiting on my nightstand .. namely : Lipstick Jungle and Chasing Harry Winston.
Chick Lit- fiction
directed at young city women: a genre of fiction targeted to, and written by or about, young and sophisticated urban women.
Here are the some of the ones I consider Chick Lit blogs :
..and I mean this in the nicest way possible, please take this as a very high compliment !
- Bridget Jones Has Nothing On Me
- Classy In Philadelphia
- Confessions Of A Chicago Girl
- Just An Everyday Bitch
- The High-Heel Diaries
- Working Girl
Got any Chick Lit suggestions for me ?? Books ? Blogs ? Etc ?
Altough I haven't read her (yet), I'm not a fan of Sophie Kinsella (Shopaholic series) because I think she pops out a new book every two weeks so it can't possibly be any good :oP Hehe, seriously !
But my favorites are Lauren Weisberger (Devil wears Prada, Everyone Worth Knowing, Chasing Harry Winston, etc.) and Candace Bushnell (Sex and the City, One Fifth Avenue, Lipstick Jungle, etc.).
On that note, here's my "Personal guide to recognizing Chick Lit" when I see it :
- The titles : Sometype of diary or confessions, refering to urban life, single life, sex life, love life, party life, rich and fancy life, etc.
- The cover images : Colorful, Happy, with images of Stilettos, Martinis, Shopping Bags, Cosmopolitans, Diamonds, Lingerie, Champagne, etc.
- The story : Love (finding Mr. Right), Sex (and lots of it), Work (bitchy boss and coworkers), Girlfriends (for support and cocktails), Ending (happy of course) etc.
- Last step, you find them in the Bargain section @ your local bookstore !
Life is too short not to admit you loOoOoOove Chick Lit too !