2 April 2011

Goddess of.. Social Media Marketing?!

As you know, I've disappeared. I haven't really been around the blogosphere since I got my new job (last August, time flies!) and I've missed blogging regularly.

I've been doing terribly well at my new job, not to brag. I just mean that I feel extremely comfortable in my work environment and my ideas are always welcomed with open arms. It's been a growing, learning and super rewarding experience thus far.

I got my first pay rise in January, not too shabby (12%!) and they also acknowledged my work with the company's Facebook fan page. Apparently, I have a gift for handling social media and I managed to grow the company's fanbase on Facebook from .. 2,500 to 25,000 fans in well.. 4 months. I'm super proud of myself because I love the company and I think it deserves to have all this attention from the general public.

In the process, I am learning so much about marketing and social media in general. I've really gained a huge interest in the matter and I am hoping to take more classes, attend conferences, etc. If you hear of anything interesting happening in that area.. please think of me and let me know?! :)

Also, I'm thinking of going more tumblr than blog.. what do you think?

Love you,

5 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats! I believe being happy in your job is one of the most important things. Why would you want to do something that bores you?

And I love tumblr. I'm addicted to it.

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Congrats on kicking butt and taking names!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

i REALLY want those stamps!!!!!!!!!!!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

and CONGRATS btw :)

Jenny DB said...

I do some social media marketing and development for my family company. What tools do you use most to learn? I went to the Federated Media Conference in NY (underwhelming) and an Online Marketing Summit in Seattle (a little better...) last year... anyway, congrats on the raise!